Well, it’s now 2017 and if you’re feeling anything like me, you’ll be wondering where the last 12 months have gone? Is it something to do with getting older, that the years just seem to fly by?! I don’t know. But whatever it is, there is no better time to embrace your goals and dreams, than at the start of a New Year, and so I thought, what better time to share what matters to me, and what I care about and have dreams and goals for in 2017 – My love of Personal Styling and helping others to feel great about themselves on the inside and outside:
Indeed, a New Year is a great platform to launch your dreams, ambitions and goals. However, I do get a little dubious over these ‘self improvement’ books and courses, and I’ve purposely not used the strap line “New Year, New You”, which almost insinuates that we’re not quite good enough as we are, or we need to be more like this or that, in order to be a better version of ourselves. It’s all rather exhausting, this constant quest for perfection. I much prefer a more holistic approach; yes, setting goals is a very worthwhile thing to do, but so too is reflecting on how far you have already come, and dare I say it, celebrating yourself a little bit, for the person you already are.
This goes for all areas of our lives, and particularly, our self image. So, if you fancy it, then please take a look at my top tips below, which are really quick and easy ways to feel good and confident about yourself and your style. When we’re in harmony with who we are and projecting a true version of ourselves through our clothes and outfits, then it can help our confidence enormously, which can go a long way towards helping to fulfil those dreams.
If you would like to discuss ways that you can become more in-tune with who you are and reflect that through your self image, then please get in touch for a FREE STYLE CONSULTATION
The quickest way to feel good about you and your life, is to make peace with who and where you are, now.
Here are my top 10 tips on feeling good about yourself and find ways to enhance your own unique style (and it’s all free too!):
1. Make a list of your best qualities and features, and leave somewhere you’ll see it everyday, like your dressing table, mirror, or fridge door, so that you’re reminded, often.
2. Treat yourself to a glossy fashion magazine (an actual magazine, not online) and enjoy the sensation of reading it and when you’re done, pull out images of anything that catches your eye or inspires you, and then use as inspiration for your own style and create a mood board, or pin the images to the inside of your wardrobe.
3. List 3 things that you would love a passer-by in the street to say about your style, then, if you feel your current image doesn’t match up, then find ways that you can adapt to your current look – you could use tip 2 as inspiration 🙂
4. Learn to meditate (I did a course at the end of last year, and it was one of the best things I’ve ever done). Doing something as simple as switching off your inner dialogue (or critic) can reap huge benefits for inner confidence.
5. Do a mood board, but to reflect your life as it is NOW. The Universe loves gratitude and the more you fall in love with your life as it is, the more the Universe will give you to feel grateful about.
6. Organise your wardrobe so it is in sections – such as tops/trousers/ knitwear or colour combinations – and therefore makes getting ready in the morning a little less time consuming.
7. Wear an item of clothing or an accessory that you are saving for ‘best’. It’s important to preserve nice things, but also important to enjoy them as well.
8. Change laces in your shoes or trainers to something fun and colourful.
9. Make the most of those scarves you have languishing in your wardrobe, and tie around the handle of your handbag, or your wrist for a unique take on a cuff.
10. Find a creative outlet. I believe we all need an outlet for self expression, so find whatever you love to do, and that you can get totally absorbed in, which could be anything from gardening to astrology, and baking to Tai-chi..Whatever makes YOU feel good about yourself.